Thank you for considering ECONOMIA as an outlet for your research. Please take note of the following points before submitting.
- Starting on February 1, 2017, the journal accepts submissions at any time.
- Submissions should be sent electronically to the Managing Editor, Roberto Bernal (email@example.com).
- We only accept complete papers in English. Submitted papers should neither be previously published nor be under consideration for publication in any other outlet.
- The manuscript should include an abstract of 150 or fewer words, JEL codes and at most 4 key words.
- All manuscripts should be submitted in PDF format with double spacing and should not exceed 35 pages, including references, figures, and tables. Please use 12-point font, and 1.5 inches margins on all sides.
- Please make sure that the front page of the manuscript specifies all your contact information, affiliation, title of the paper and co-authors.
- Please indicate in your submission letter which of the following areas better accommodates your paper:
- Macroeconomics and international economics
- Applied micro
- Economic development, technological change and growth
- Public economics, political economy, institutions
- Agricultural and natural resource economics; environmental issues; urban and regional economics.
- Desk-rejection policy: To reduce the processing times of papers that do not fit well with Economia’s Aims and Scope, the editor in charge of each paper may desk-reject the manuscript without sending it to external referees. Desk rejection will be decided within four weeks of the end of submissions.
- One of Economia’s editors will be chosen to handle the submitted paper. The editor in charge typically appoints two external evaluators and makes a decision regarding publication of the paper based on the evaluation reports and his own assessment of the document.
- Turnover times: We are committed to processing papers as fast as possible. We aim at replying to your original submission within 15 weeks.