Thank you for considering ECONOMIA as an outlet for your research. Please take note of the following points before submitting.
- Starting on February 1, 2017, the journal accepts submissions at any time.
- Submissions should be done electronically in the following link: https://editorialexpress.com/economia.
- We only accept complete papers in English. Submitted papers should neither be previously published nor be under consideration for publication in any other outlet. Should these conditions be violated, Economia’s editors can inform the editors of other journals involved of the alleged conducts.
- The manuscript should include a concise and informative abstract of at most 150 words. The abstract must convey the main contribution of the paper and its conclusions. An indication of how those conclusions/contribution are reached should be included (e.g., data, empirical strategy, theoretical framework). The abstract must be able to stand alone. References and non-standard abbreviations should be avoided. It should also include JEL codes and at most 4 key words.
- All manuscripts should be submitted in PDF format. Make sure to include the names of all authors in the first page.
- For definite acceptance after the review process, final versions of papers should not exceed 35 pages, including references, figures, and tables, with double space format, 12-point font, and 1.5 inches margins on all sides.
- Please make sure that the front page of the manuscript specifies all your contact information, affiliation, title of the paper and co-authors.
- Peer Reviewing: Economía follows a single-blind peer reviewing process. That is, reviewers are aware of authors’ identities, while authors are unaware of the identity of reviewers. Economía typically appoints two referees to each submission, with the set of referees being different for each submission in any single issue.
- Desk-rejection policy: To reduce the processing times of papers that do not fit well with Economia’s Aims and Scope, the editor in charge of each paper may desk-reject the manuscript without sending it to external referees. Desk rejection will be decided within four weeks of the end of submissions.
- One of Economia’s editors will be chosen to handle the submitted paper. The editor in charge typically appoints two external evaluators and makes a decision regarding publication of the paper based on the evaluation reports and his own assessment of the document.
- Turnover times: We are committed to processing papers as fast as possible. We aim at replying to your original submission within 15 weeks.